Sunday, May 30, 2010

7 most common human behaviors aka the 7 deadly sins.

Lately I have been thinking about the seven deadly sins. As we all know these "sins" are Pride, Covetousness, Envy, Gluttony (Eating like a pig), Anger, Sloth (being lazy), and Lust. Well there you have it! That just about covers every natural human behavior. These make no sense to me. I know! I know! I'm a strange one. We all know that natural feelings must be repressed.
Hmm, lets start with Pride. I've always thought that pride was a good thing. I'm a firm believer that one should be proud of their accomplishments. I'm proud of so many things. my art, my theater, my opinion, my voice, my home, my family, my infatuation with lady Gaga. I could go on and on.
Covetousness, Hmm. This is difficult too, I hold my possesions so dear to me, and I can't name one person who doesn't. my clothes, my phone, my computer. I covet my family, my friends. my Hindu Idols. Damn.
Envy. I get envious. I'm not gonna lie. How couldn't you envy people? I envy people's looks, their talent, where they are and what they are doing. It's something we ALL do. Even God is said to be an "Envious" God, and look at the Greek Gods! They're just a Mess!
Gluttony, Oh my goodness don't even get me started. We are the fatest nation on earth. We really take the cake in this department, and couldn't be happier in doing so. Bam! that cake would be gone in a heart beat. I could spend hours complaining about how this country eats their feelings. But alas we blame it on genetics. C'mon guys it's obviously manifest destiny!
Anger. What angers me more than anything is what I call a floating opinion. A stupid spout of nonsensical word vomit. Ex "Evolution is a hoax." or "abortion is a sin!" "Being a homosexual is a choice!" My reply :"What... like being fat?". Nonetheless the opinion or statement just floats there... hanging in the wind like a useless dead monkey dangling from a tree, and FYI that monkey is a fellow ancestor so I expect some tears over that one peoples.
Sloth, I'm a sloth! who doesn't get lazy? If humans weren't lazy we wouldn't allow pews in the Church. C'mon you can stand for Jesus! But no, we have them so we can sit and pretend to be paying attention.
Lust, this one cracks me up. Idk how you can argue this one folks. This is the naturalist of natural. Without lust you wouldn't be reading this my friend. If you think otherwise I'll be sorry to inform you but the virgin Mary only happened once.


2 comments:

  1. This. Is. Amazing. I totally agree with you on all points. Why is it that in our culture it's wrong to do what we are naturally supposed to do? It's so irritating.....especially the lust one. I mean really? How else is the species supposed to survive, people? But anyway. I'm glad there's a few people in the world who aren't complete idiots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brazil,
    I agree with you. The seven deadly sins are some of the most natural and human traits that we have today. And yes, experiencing those emotions are common, and expected from each other and our culture (especially with the interest in these emotions from celebrities, and our tendency to forgive easily). However, any of these traits and emotions IN EXCESS is looked down upon. If people have too much pride, they are prideful and full of themselves, and believe the world revolves around them. Which is an ugly trait
    If people want everything they can't have, and belittle others who have more, that makes them conniving. Which is also an ugly trait.
    If people hold their material items and money closest to themselves and push others away, they become materialistic or a miser. Which are ugly traits.
    If a woman has so much lust, she, in society, is called a whore. If a man has so much lust, he is a stud (which is NOT fair, by the way)

    Anyway, you get my drift. Yes. All of these deadly sins are natural, instinctive. And unfortunately, some believe that feeling anything close to these emotions is bad and is a sin (which I think is absolute bullshit). However, any of these emotions in excess, in my opinion, makes a person ugly in some way.
    Sorry about my rant.

    ReplyDelete